“Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.” Brennan Manning

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Prayer from my Heart

Dear Daddy,

One of the biggest things I struggle with is worth. I just have a hard time believing that I’m worth it. I want to go Home. I struggle because even though I know people really do love me, I feel so alone. When I get close to someone, I fear they’ll leave me. I don’t want to be afraid of being left anymore. God, why do I fear this so bad?

Help me know that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Help me know that I am loved just as I am, and I don’t have to get it right for Your approval. Help me know that You really do want me - You already proved that by making a way for me to be close to You through the sacrifice of Your Beloved Son.

You like to hear from me. You like to spend time with me. You want me to be close to You, and You want to be close to me. I don’t annoy You with all my questions and doubts. You totally get that, and You are more than eager to help me SEE You in everything, and hear Your Voice. You never tire in Your pursuit of me. You pursue me with a passionate Love for You are Love. You don’t get impatient with me. You truly take delight in me in all my mess. You don’t see mess, You see beauty. You see me as Your Beloved Daughter and You want me to enjoy life. You love to give me good gifts. Help me to receive all of Your gifts with open palms and unclenched fists.

Love,

Your Beloved Girl in Jesus’ Precious Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment